HOOK LIGHTHOUSE – LIGHT UP YOUR DAY
Lonely Planet Guide has listed Hook as the no.1 Flashiest Lighthouse in the World
Lighthouses have a magic and mysticism of their own, none more so than the 13th Century Hook Lighthouse. One of the top things to do / Day Trips in Wexford or Waterford!
The present structure is about 800 years old and is the oldest intact operational Lighthouse in the world. Hook Lighthouse offers guided tours of the lighthouse tower all year round and is one of the top things to do Wexford and Waterford. Climb the 115 steps to the spectacular view from the balcony.
The former lighthouse keeper’s houses now play host to the visitor facilities,
- Guided tours of Lighthouse Tower.
- Gift shop selling gifts of a nautical nature.
- Cafe serving homemade soup, sandwiches, various seafood options and fresh scones and cakes from our bakery.
- Picnic areas and children’s outdoor games.
- Free Family Friendly events – checkout our Facebook page.
- Art workshops for adults and children are held at the Lighthouse all year round with resident artist Rose.
- Art exhibits and maritime displays.
- Free WiFi available in the café area.
Try Our Virtual Tours Below.
To start your tour, just click on the Four white squares in the bottom left of the picture.
This will bring up the tours along the bottom of the picture,there are Seven tours to chose from.
Pick a tour by simply clicking on it.
Use the directional arrows ◄►▲▼ to move Left, Right, Up and Down. The + and – buttons control
the Zoom function. To the Right of the minus button is the Full Screen button.
To choose another tour simply click on the Four white squares in the bottom left of the picture again
or you can also click on the ► ► icon on the bottom right of the picture. Enjoy.
Many festivals, events and family fun days take place at Hook Lighthouse.
For details of upcoming events please like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Guided Tours Family Fun Day Out Whale Watching
Disclaimer: Hook Heritage accepts NO responsibility for the accuracy of this information. For a detailed weather forecast please contact Met Eireann – http://www.met.ie